Now that you’ve spent hundreds of hours concepting and thousands of dollars producing your new video, what are you supposed to do with it? Unless you’re working with a marketing firm or a media buying agency, you’ll most likely just put it on your website and wait for the clicks to roll in.
So you send out a company email and the video is released into the wild. The hit counter starts ticking. You’re up to 80 views within the first day! Awesome.
Then the most dreaded event comes to pass: The views plateau around 200. You thought this crazy idea was going to go viral! 200 views? It should have been thousands! No, it should have been tens of thousands; even millions! You expected your “viral” video to go viral.
So what went wrong? Why aren’t people swarming in droves to see your fantastic content?
Question: Did you…
- Develop a strategy to drive traffic to the video?
- Consider your target audience’s likes, dislikes, beliefs, values, and interests when you developed the creative concept?
- Develop a content distribution strategy using multiple channels (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube in-stream ads, etc.)?
- Calculate the necessary return on investment (ROI) needed to make your video profitable?
- Insert a relevant call to action within your video?
If you answered “no” to any of the questions above, you’ve found your problem.
Without a sound strategy in place that involves a way to drive customers and prospects to your content, you won’t see an increase in numbers. Without taking the time to develop content that’s relevant to your target audience, you’ll see a very low ROI.
The good news is that you can see success with video marketing. 92% of mobile video consumers share video with others1, which means that if you can create relatable, sharable content, it will spread like wildfire. Video promotes interaction, trust, and brand recall, and can increase conversion rates by 80% when combined with a landing page. When done the right way, video is a powerful marketing tool for any business.
Want to get results with your marketing?
Latest posts by RetroMotion (see all)
- Lock It Up: All Customer Sites Now Secured With SSL - October 17, 2016
- Keep On Keepin’ On: Consistency and Social Media Marketing - August 4, 2016
- So you made a video. Now what? - June 24, 2016